Well hello little blog...it's been a while. Lots of things/life have been happening in between the photographs. Tomorrow is a BIG day for Peyla girl. She is graduating from her Kindergarten year after a three-year cycle at Dynamite Montessori! As I sift through the photographs in search of the "first-day-of-school" pictures, I am reminded of the first day I sent her to pre-school. Brendon and I had toured several schools in the area and DM was hands-down the best one we found. Something about the rich, natural learning environment just seemed to fit our girl so perfectly. From day one, it has been a place she loved! I can remember vividly the first day she ever went...I walked her up the steps, hand in hand. She looked up at me, with a look that was equal parts uncertainty and excitement. I walked her into class and was greeted by Ms. Tina, her lead teacher. We exchanged our quiet greetings for the first day, then Ms. Tina calmly reached her hand out and Peyla let go of mine. She took a few steps to Ms. Tina and together they walked through the classroom. I couldn't leave fast enough that day, as I was fighting back my own tears. There's just something about letting go of your child's hand for the first time and watching someone else step in, even for a brief time. I've always been grateful for the time Peyla spent in her classroom at DM. The friendships she developed, the skills in her education, but most of all- I am grateful that she started her love for learning in a place that was so fitting for her little heart. Ever since that first day, Peyla has loved school...always wanted to go, never really a tear shed. Her teacher has repeatedly told us over the years at Parent/Teacher conferences, "That Peyla girl! I never have to worry about what she's doing. That girl loves to learn! She will find anything and everything to do or accomplish." Now she's embarking on the next step in her education...1st grade at a new school! My only hope is that she continues to have the spark and passion for learning that she has today. We are super proud of you Peyla girl!
Her official 1st day of Pre-School, January 2014 (3.5 years old)
The beginning of her second school year, August 2014 (4 years old)
Her Kindergarten year at DM, August 2015 (5 years old)
Showing a friend a lesson
World Peace Day 2015
Halloween with Ms. Tina, October 2015
Halloween with Ms. Maria (Assistant Teacher), October 2015
Thanksgiving Parade, November 2015
Holiday Party, December 2014
Holiday Party, December 2015
Easter Egg Hunt, April 2015
We are so proud of our Peyla girl too! Such great memories from her school. Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete