Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lazy days

When the summer hits in AZ, it feels like the energy is slowly leaking from your body. I have to remind myself that every winter, when "zonies" are outside and frolicking in the gorgeous weather, the rest of the country is inside fighting the cold. So I deem these summer months- our "hibernating" days. We tend to go out early in the morning, run errands or hit our repertoire of outlets (mall, splashpad, Tot Town, library) and then head home before the sun bakes us. Afternoons are usually spent watching a movie, playing "make believe" or playing around with our water table outside. As much as I complain about these summer days, I remember spending my summers in much of the same ways- play dates with friends, library books and being lazy. I guess it's just a rite of passage as a zonie girl!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment