Monday, May 20, 2013

I would do anything for you.

It's a well-known fact in my family that I hate roller coasters. Like, loathe them. I have the stomach of a wimp and can't even get through a one-hour flight to California without chewing on Dramamine. So the idea of willingly getting in a small metal cart and zipping around some rickety slats is like torture to me. But I would do anything for you...anything. So when we ventured out for our 3rd annual trip to the Schnepf Farm Peach Festival, I faced my fears to ride their roller coaster with you. Yes, it was built for small children. And yes, there were pint-sized humans on it with me. But I was still terrified! I just didn't want that first experience with you to be missed because of my pathetic tolerance for movement. You just wanted to experience your first "wower coaster" with your beloved Frigard friends, and I was determined to be the parent that held on to you and screamed with excitement (fear? nausea?). I'm already the tougher parent. The one that follows our routines, makes you eat your fruits and vegetables. The one that tries not to give you everything you want in this world, just so you can learn gratitude and a little humility. But damn it! I want to be the fun parent too! I might have hated that puny little roller coaster, but I cherished being there with you for another "first" moment in your life. I would do anything for you Peyla!
 
 
 
P.S. Judging from this picture (thanks Kendra!), you may have inherited my stomach. Sorry kid.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good, I thought you would be mad that I took this picture. It is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic! Love your devotion to your girl even more! I too, am the tough parent and sometimes it's not fair! Yeah for brave mommies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mommy looks more scared than Peyla! LOL but what memories

    ReplyDelete