Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ali is 1!

Ali is now a big 1 year old! We celebrated her birthday with a small gathering of close family and friends. I was worried she might feel overwhelmed but was I ever wrong! This girl lived it up and enjoyed every moment of her special day! We went with a "Winnie the Pooh" theme party, mostly because it just reminds us of her. So happy and sweet. Plus she loves the stuffed Pooh I bought her after stumbling into the Disney store. I just can't believe our baby girl is toddling her way through the baby years. 365 days with this girl, yet I feel like we've loved her forever.
 
Here's her "stats" from the doctor: 18.9 lbs (11%), 28 in (17%) and walking EVERYWHERE. She is curious, determined and starting to develop a serious sass. She's cuddly, loving and fiesty all at the same time. My favorite thing is watching that fiery sparkle in her eyes when she's up to something. Her little eyebrows go up just slightly and it always clues me in that she's got a plan. I know all parents feel this way about their children, but this girl is going to take the world by storm! I feel so incredibly lucky to be her mom. Every day with Ali is a sunny one. Happy birthday Aliyah! We love you more than anything!
 
 
 Party girl!
 My "homemade" cupcakes (oy!)
 Goodie pots for the little ones
 That smile!
 Ali and her Papa
 We had many helpers opening and sorting gifts. What a spoiled girl!
 Ali's mini-me doll
 Our excellent paper-folder Ava! Saving the world one tissue at a time.
 Patiently waiting for cake
 My sweet nephew Kellen
 Going straight for the flame!
 First cake experience! Yum!
 Recovering the next day...
Ali and Pooh...friends forever. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a lucky little girl she is to have parents like you and B. I am so happy that we can be here to celebrate all the milestones with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ali. It looks like you had a wonderful party with all your favorite people around you. You are such a darling little girl. Enjoy a lifetime of happiness.
    Best wishes,
    Ann & Dan

    ReplyDelete